“Hands-on” controller responsible for financial management and reporting, human resources, NIH grant reporting, taxation, banking, insurance, and budgeting/forecasting of venture capital financed company with multi-state payrolls. The ability to work independently and perform the full breadth of accounting and related reporting functions is essential in this position. The ideal candidate for this job is resourceful, a good problem solver, organized, and able to complete their work on time. This is a full-time position working in our Ann Arbor office.
What We’re Looking For:
We are looking for a highly energetic “A” player with experience in software start-ups who thrives in a fast-paced team environment and has had a range of experience handling all of the financial reporting and HR functions.
Prepare comprehensive monthly accounting package on Excel, including updated monthly financial forecast, comparison to budget, calculation and management of deferred revenue.
- Supervise part-time accountant working off site
- Daily accounting functions including customer invoicing, accounts receivable collection and accounts payable processing using cloud-based accounting software
- Calculate metrics important for cash management including Cash Waterfalls and KPI metrics important in the software industry including ARR and Churn
- Monthly billing and quarterly reporting of NIH SBIR grants
- New employee onboarding, maintenance of personnel files and other legal documents
- Process semi-monthly payroll, currently using Paychex
- Preparation of quarterly payroll/sales and use tax/income tax returns in multi-states
- Administration of employee benefit plans, with possible expansion to include 401k plan
- Assist outside accountants in preparation of required annual tax returns
Required Skills and Background:
- Previous Controller or full-charge accountant experience and Bachelor’s degree required
- Experience in a software start-up company, familiar with software revenue recognition and reporting metrics
- Ability to analyze and revise operating practices to improve efficiency
- Detail oriented and demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, able to work independently
- Superior organization skills and dedication to completing projects in a timely manner
- Able and willing to take on ever increasing responsibilities as the company grows
- Self motivator with strong work ethic with a “can-do” positive attitude
- Desire to be a part of the fast-paced, high-energy entrepreneurial experience
Genomenon is a software and data company that connects patient’s DNA with the billions of dollars of genomic research to help doctors diagnose & cure cancer patients and babies with rare diseases. Our flagship SaaS product is used by hundreds of diagnostic labs around the world to accelerate genomic interpretation and by pharmaceutical researchers to identify and prioritize genomic biomarkers for drug discovery and clinical trial targets.
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org