Genomenon is an AI-driven genomics company. Our mission is to save and improve lives by making genomic information actionable. We organize the world’s genomic knowledge and put it at the fingertips of clinicians to help diagnose and treat patients suffering from rare diseases and cancer, and to help precision medicine companies create targeted therapies for diseases.
We are doing amazing things, and our team ascribes to these core values:
- Always Learning: We approach challenges with curiosity and a growth mindset
- Data-Driven: We ask a lot of questions and look to the evidence for answers
- Humbly Confident: We are aware of the value that we and others bring to the team
- Trailblazers: We imagine what can be, not what is
- True Grit: We embody passion and persistence, and aren’t afraid of hard work
About the Opportunity
We are seeking a field-based Field Application Scientist to support the commercial objectives of Genomenon. We are seeking an adaptable, self-starter who drives opportunities through sales driven scientific conversations. This full-time position will report to the Director of Customer Success and is field based within the US. Key responsibilities include and may not be limited to the following:
- Provide pre-sales technical expertise through technical product presentations, demonstrations, and pilots. Develop customer facing content used for pilots and demos including presentations. Build pre-sales support infrastructure, processes, and documentation.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with customers. Participate in customer meetings and calls both directly with the customer and with internal teams.
- Recognize, record and share the needs of customers striving to increase technology adoption. Identify and understand areas for product improvement and support case trends, to influence the product roadmap.
- Lead customer software implementations that involve the API advising in workflow design, and onboarding and user training.
- Troubleshoot customer issues and field customer inquiries with prompt and professional responses. Log issues, providing internal teams with specific examples of issues and properly documenting issues through resolution.
- Keep customers updated on new product features and improvements through webinars and training. Identify topics and speakers, develop webinar content.
- An advanced degree strongly preferred (PhD or MS).
- Clinical genetic experience required: clinical Informatics or clinical NGS sequencing interpretation, or other similar experience. Solid understanding of NGS data technologies and analysis required.
- FAS or pre-sales customer facing experience required. Commercial experience is highly preferred.
- Some software experience (e.g. basic Python, MySQL), or other data analysis or dashboarding tools is a plus.
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skills and ability to teach and train.
- Experienced and adept at navigating scientific conversations. Able to communicate and confidently state an expert opinion while maintaining diplomacy with other key opinion leaders.
- Ability to travel locally and regionally. Expected to attend seasonal conferences.
Perks and Benefits: Competitive base compensation commensurate with experience, health insurance, PTO and holidays, a great work environment, and equity participation opportunities.
Genomenon is an equal opportunity employer and committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, or sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.