The Field Applications Scientist is responsible for ensuring the successful implementation and support of Genomenon’s solutions within clinical labs and the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries. The role supports sales team to help determine key target accounts and strategies to technically win sales opportunities. This role may also be actively involved in customer-facing bioinformatics projects as they arise.
What We’re Looking For:
We are seeking a highly-motivated person with experience and passion for both technical and commercial activities within the genomics and life sciences market. The successful candidate will provide field technical and commercial support as necessary, remote support when appropriate, and provide important customer feedback to the software development team to improve the product offering. This person will have an understanding of customer applications and the use of NGS in clinical labs for variant interpretation and the use of NGS in pharmaceutical research and development. The Field Application Scientist will help Genomenon execute on its vision of being the gold standard for genomic literature curation to improve clinical decisions for cancer and rare disease patients and enable pharma and biotechnology companies make better use of NGS data to improve R&D activities and patient recruitment for clinical trials.
- Provide technical knowledge and support for variant interpretation and genomic data science projects
- Work closely with customers on a range of activities via in person visits, phone and email communications and attend relevant industry conferences as required.
- Work alongside the Sales team to provide technical assistance and domain expertise.
- Perform independent product demonstrations and trainings in the field. Support post sales effort through customer training activities.
- Provide feedback to Marketing and Product Development teams to help improve products and processes.
- Travel as required (up to 50%).
- Other duties as assigned to help the Genomenon achieve its objectives.
Required Skills and Background:
- Bachelor’s degree in life sciences required (Master’s preferred).
- At least 3+ years experience in a bioinformatics or technical NGS role within a clinical lab or pharmaceutical and life sciences companies.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
- Team motivator with strong work ethic and a “can-do” positive attitude.
- Strong verbal, written and email communications skills.
- Desire to be a part of the fast-paced, high-energy entrepreneurial team.
Genomenon helps doctors, clinicians and researchers make sense of patient DNA data. With the world’s only comprehensive genomic search engine, we help doctors connect diseases and DNA profiles to the most impactful scientific research to diagnose and treat patients. Our Mastermind Genomic Search Engine lowers the cost of DNA tests, deliver faster diagnoses, and help ensure that no data is missed that can save a patient’s life. The Mastermind Biomarker Database helps pharmaceutical and life science companies determine the key biomarkers associated with a specific disease for drug discovery and clinical trials.
Genomenon provides a competitive base salary, excellent health insurance, generous paid time off, and a positive, stimulating work environment. If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume with salary requirements to email@example.com. This job is located in Ann Arbor, Michigan.