Genomenon is an AI-driven genomics company that organizes the world’s genomic knowledge to connect patient DNA to scientific research in the diagnosis and development of treatments for patients with rare genetic diseases and cancer.
We’re looking for a Field Applications Specialist-Bioinformatician (FAS) who can engage with our clients to assess their needs, articulate how our solutions can support them with genomic interpretation, and provide a streamlined customer experience during product onboarding and integration. The FAS will be responsible for supporting API integration of our software into our customers’ and partners’ automated workflows, including consulting engagements as needed, developing re-usable API scripts and use cases, and helping our customers maximize the value of their API subscriptions. In addition, the FAS will work closely with our sales team to provide product demonstrations, evaluate client use cases and propose technical solutions to resolve our customers’ challenges. The FAS will report to the Director of Customer Success and will work closely with the sales and development teams.
What We’re Looking For:
A People-Centric Bioinformatician Who Can Provide Solutions to Customers’ Most Challenging Genomic Interpretation Challenges.
We are seeking a highly-motivated, extroverted scientist with a passion for helping others embrace new technology. Successful candidates will have basic knowledge of genetics, next generation sequencing and variant interpretation, as well as an understanding of fundamental computer science and programming concepts and RESTful API programming. The successful candidate will possess an aptitude for learning and be able to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Deliver customer training & product demonstrations
- Support Mastermind API integration into customer and partner automated genomic workflows
- Develop API use cases, technical solutions and provide contract programming as needed to ensure customer success in adopting our API into their workflows.
- Develop and improve customer on-boarding processes
- Communicate with sales, customer success and development teams to resolve customer issues
- Communicate customer feedback to inform sales, marketing, customer success, and development decisions
Required Skills and Background:
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in molecular biology, genetics or bioinformatics
- 1-2 years of experience working in a research or clinical laboratory or performing variant interpretation (preferred)
- Experience working with computer software and integration
- RESTful API programming experience
- Interest in product training and customer relations
- Motivated to help others succeed
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Desire to be a part of the fast-paced, high-energy entrepreneurial team
We look for these values in new team members, we foster them in ourselves and we take responsibility for them.
- Always learning – We approach challenges with curiosity and a growth mindset.
- Data-Driven – We ask questions and answer them with evidence.
- Humbly Confident – We trust ourselves and one another.
- Trail Blazers – We blaze trails by focusing on what could be, not what is or was.
- True Grit – We embody passionate resilience and approach our work with positive persistence.
If you are interested in this position, please send your cover letter and resume with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.