Job Title: Inside Sales Specialist
Location: Ann Arbor, Michigan
We’re looking for an Inside Sales Specialist to be responsible for coordinating commercial aspects of our customer relationships including sales prospecting for new clients, lead follow up and qualification, quotes, processing orders, and working closely with customers to understand their requirements. This is a full-time position working in our Ann Arbor office. We will consider a remote location/home office for the right candidate.
What We’re Looking For:
We are seeking a highly-motivated person with a passion for the commercial activities within the genomics and life sciences market. The successful candidate will provide commercial and inside sales support for the rest of the team including outbound prospecting, handling inbound leads, qualifying opportunities and connecting the prospects with the outside sales team. This person will have a basic understanding of molecular biology and NGS applications and the ability to engage with potential users of our software. The ideal candidate is a highly energetic sales person with excellent people and sales skills who isn’t afraid of hard work and wants to make a difference.
- Outbound prospecting for new client opportunities through phone, direct e-mail, and web-based marketing activities
- Manage and qualify incoming sales leads from outbound prospecting and incoming leads, understanding requirements
- Connect qualified target prospects with members of the outside sales team
- Issue price quotes and close sales orders with new prospects
- Track sales metrics and results against goals
- Perform other duties as required to help the Genomenon team achieve its objectives
Required Skills and Background:
- Bachelor’s degree in biology or bioinformatics required
- At least two years experience in sales for genomics or biotech
- Track record in overachieving objectives
- Proficient in personal computer skills, MS Office, CRM databases, and phone skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Demonstrated ability to close sales over the phone
- A strong desire to learn new skills and excel
- Self motivator with strong work ethic with a “can-do” positive attitude
- Desire to be a part of the fast-paced, high-energy entrepreneurial team
Genomenon helps doctors, clinicians and researchers make sense of patient DNA data. With the world’s only comprehensive genomic search engine, we help doctors connect diseases and DNA profiles to the most impactful scientific research to diagnose and treat patients. Our Mastermind Genomic Search Engine lowers the cost of DNA tests, deliver faster diagnoses, and help ensure that no data is missed that can save a patient’s life. The Mastermind Biomarker Database helps pharmaceutical and life science companies determine the key biomarkers associated with a specific disease for drug discovery and clinical trials.
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org