Genomenon seeks a tech savvy Sr. Accountant who is enthusiastic about working with a rapidly growing startup.
Genomenon is a genomic health IT company that keeps pace with the constant advancements made in genomics and connects that research to patient DNA to help diagnose and treat patients with rare genetic diseases and cancer. We save and improve lives by making genomic information actionable through our SaaS product Mastermind and custom data curation projects.
About the Opportunity
This role assists in all areas of Accounting/Finance that are needed at a growing tech startup. This includes the support of monthly accounting cycle, HR/tax matters, and assisting with the implementation of accounting programs. The role will interact with all departments in the organization and report to the Sr. Controller. Knowledge of US GAAP is required.
Key Duties Include:
- Assist with SaaS Optics software implementation, setup, and management.
- Assist with financial statements.
- Prepare month end close journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Update budget and forecast.
- Ownership of accounts receivable and payable.
- Manage the company’s credit card balance.
- Assist with HR activities; such as new hire paperwork, employee reimbursements, and payroll support.
- Assist with tax matters; such as state tax report filing and support of outside CPAs on tax returns and sales tax.
- Weekly visit to an office to check mail, scan papers, and make bank deposits.
- Accounting/Accounting Information Systems degree.
- US GAAP accounting experience.
- Experience with audited or reviewed financials or other related experience.
- Comfortable with ambiguity.
- Experience creating new processes.
- Tech savvy.
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to prioritize competing deadlines and changing priorities.
- Good communication skills.
Benefits and Perks
- Company pays a portion of employee health insurance through BCBS.
- Array of benefit options available through our PEO more similar to larger company offerings.
- 15 PTO days / 8 paid holidays.
- Incentive Stock Option plan.
- Work from home with weekly visits to the office.
- Mac Laptop provided.
- Friendly work environment.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.