Genomenon is an AI-driven genomics company that organizes the world’s genomic knowledge to connect patient DNA to scientific research in the diagnosis and development of treatments for patients with rare genetic diseases and cancer.
We are growing quickly and are in need of a Sr. Accountant to support the Accounting/Finance department goals and the Genomenon company objectives. The ideal candidate will be able to assist in all areas of Accounting/Finance needed at a growing tech startup. The ideal candidate will support the monthly accounting cycle, HR/tax matters, and also be tech savvy in order to assist with implementation of accounting programs to facilitate efficiencies with the goal of scaling the business.
The role will interact with all departments in the organization and report to the Sr. Controller. Knowledge of GAAP and attention to detail and common sense when prioritizing competing deadlines. Prior experience with SaaS/Tech industry is preferred but not essential. Room to grow your career within the department. Check out our company values and see if it sounds like a good fit!
What We Are Looking For:
- General Ledger Sr. Accountant at SaaS Startup in Ann Arbor
- Wears many hats within accounting/finance department due to the nature of startups
- Assist with SaaS Optics software implementation, setup, and management
- Month End Close Journal Entries in Xero and Account Reconciliations Assist with Financial Statements
- Ownership of Accounts Receivable and Payable
- Manage the company Credit Card Balance; Payments/Expenses
- New Hire paperwork / payroll support for bi-weekly payroll through PEO and process Employee Reimbursements Book payroll journal entries in Xero
- State Tax report filing in conjunction with our PEO Support outside CPAs on tax returns and sales tax
- Support outside CPAs on tax returns and sales tax
- Weekly visit to office/bank in Ann Arbor
- Other Projects as Needed
Required Skills and Background:
- Accounting degree or Accounting Information Systems degree
- 5 years experience
- Tech savvy / detail oriented / prioritize according to deadlines / good communication skills
- Company pays 75% of employee health insurance through BCBS
- Array of benefit options available through our PEO more similar to a larger company offerings
- 15 PTO days / 8 paid holidays
- Incentive Stock Option plan
- The chance to join a rising star SaaS startup company in Ann Arbor whose products help to save lives
- Work from home most of the time with weekly visits to the office and bank
- Mac laptop provided
- Work with a very smart and friendly team
We look for these values in new team members, we foster them in ourselves and we take responsibility for them.
- Always learning – We approach challenges with curiosity and a growth mindset.
- Data-Driven – We ask questions and answer them with evidence.
- Humbly Confident – We trust ourselves and one another.
- Trail Blazers – We blaze trails by focusing on what could be, not what is or was.
- True Grit – We embody passionate resilience and approach our work with positive persistence.
If you are interested in this position, please send your cover letter and resume with salary requirements to email@example.com.