Genomenon is a fast-growing startup that connects DNA data with evidence from the scientific literature to deliver better patient outcomes in cancer and genetic diseases. Our Mastermind Genomic Search Engine accelerates interpretation of patient DNA data and provides unique insight into genomic relationships found across millions of scientific articles. We are doing great things and want YOU to be a part of it!
We need a talented administrative expert to manage day-to-day office tasks, support senior management with administrative duties, assist with human resources activities, perform various accounting tasks, and manage our events program. The ability to juggle and prioritize multiple activities is essential in this position. The ideal candidate for this job is resourceful, flexible, a good problem solver, detail-oriented, and highly organized. We see this role as the backbone of our office. This is a full-time position based in our Ann Arbor headquarters.
What We’re Looking For:
We are looking for an experienced individual who loves being a contributing member of a team, learns quickly, and enjoys working in a challenging and fast-paced environment. At least 2 years experience managing an office is required. Experience with Microsoft Office and Google apps is essential. Experience with HR and/or accounting is strongly desired.
- Working independently, manage office administrative duties, ensuring that deadlines are met and work is completed
- Correctly and accurately manage multiple Gmail calendars, schedule appointments and meetings; Coordinate meeting scheduling with others outside of the company
- Manage the coordination and execution of our events program (contracts, event materials, rentals, logistics, etc.)
- Assist the off-site CFO with administrative and bookkeeping tasks
- Write and edit letters, emails, reports, Excel spreadsheets and PowerPoint presentations
- Manage employee travel arrangements (flights, hotels, etc.)
- Onboard new employees with HR paperwork, company orientation, and office logistics
- Manage the office facility (purchase office equipment and supplies, request repairs, etc.)
- Answer incoming calls
- Perform other duties as required to help the Genomenon team achieve its objectives
- May assist with marketing if skills and desire are present
Required Skills and Background:
- Associate’s degree or equivalent experience
- At least 2 years of experience managing an office
- Proficiency in Google apps and MS Office with expertise in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Detail oriented with demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, able to work independently
- Superior organization skills and dedication to completing projects accurately and in a timely manner
- Able and willing to take on ever increasing responsibilities as the company grows
- Self-motivator with strong work ethic with a “can-do” positive attitude
- Desire to be a part of the fast-paced, high-energy entrepreneurial experience
Experience with the following is a plus:
- HR management
- Social Media management
- WordPress or other CMS
Genomenon provides a competitive base salary, excellent health insurance, generous paid time off, and a positive, stimulating work environment. If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. This job is located in Ann Arbor, Michigan.