We’re looking for a senior full-stack software developer who can take direction and run with it, building out new and existing products and features. This role will be involved in our entire stack, and will take ownership of the services they build.
You’ll be working directly with our CTO, who built several startups (the last of which was acquired by Edmunds.com), and who authors and contributes to many open source projects, including as a member of the Ruby on Rails core team. You’ll also be working with a team of 3 other developers, who are even smarter than the CTO!
What We’re Looking For:
A highly energetic “A” player who thrives in a fast-paced software development environment and has had a range of experience working full-stack on web-based applications, as well as back-end data processing applications and pipelines handling large amounts of textual, genomic, or similar data. Our ideal candidate will fully engage in the company by contributing great ideas, design, architecture and code development to help us build the next bioinformatics success stories. This is a full-time position working at our Ann Arbor headquarters.
- Work directly with CTO, VP of Product Strategy, and development team to develop new products & product features for our current products.
- Dev-Ops, Server Management, AWS and other VPS
- Automated Testing, Code Reviews
- Staging and Production Releases
- Database Management, High Throughput Data Processing
- Perform other duties as required to help the Genomenon team achieve its objectives
Required Skills and Background:
- Software Languages / Frameworks / Libraries: Ruby, Python, and Go (or similar object-oriented languages); Ruby on Rails (or similar MVC frameworks)
- Databases and Queues: Postgres (or other SQL), queue and messaging systems, ElasticSearch (or other text indexing and search software)
- OS: Linux and OS X (Bash and command-line things)
- Version Control: Git (or Mercurial or similar distributed VCS)
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, able to work independently
- Self-motivator with strong work ethic with a “can-do” positive attitude
- Desire to be a part of the fast-paced, high-energy entrepreneurial experience
Genomenon is a fast-growing startup that connects DNA data with evidence from the scientific literature to deliver better patient outcomes in cancer and genetic diseases. Our Mastermind Genomic Search Engine accelerates interpretation of patient DNA data and provides unique insight into genomic relationships found across millions of scientific articles. We are doing great things and want YOU to be a part of it!
Genomenon provides a competitive base salary, excellent health insurance, generous paid time off, and equity participation opportunities in a positive, stimulating work environment. If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. This job is located in Ann Arbor, Michigan.