Help us revolutionize the way genetic discoveries are made
We're currently recruiting for the following positions:
Click on the above link for more details or scroll down to the position description. We're growing quickly and new positions are opening all the time. If you don't see a position listed, but you're interested in exploring the fit with Genomenon, please send your resume to careers @ genomenon.com.
Senior Software Developer
We're looking for a senior full-stack software engineer who can take direction and run with it in building out new products and new product features. This role will be involved in our entire stack, and will take ownership of the services they build.
You'll be working directly with our CTO, who built several startups (the last of which was acquired by Edmunds.com), and who authors and contributes to many open source projects, including as a member of the Ruby on Rails core team.
What We're Looking For:
A highly energetic "A" player who thrives in a fast-paced software development environment and has had a range of experience working full-stack on web-based applications, as well as back-end data processing applications and pipelines handling large amounts of textual, genomic, or similar data. Our ideal candidate will fully engage in the company by contributing great ideas, design, architecture and code development to help us build the next bio-informatics success stories. This is a full-time position working at our Ann Arbor headquarters.
- Work directly with CTO and VP of Product Strategy to develop new products & product features for our current products.
- Dev-Ops, Server Management, AWS and other VPS
- Automated Testing, Code Reviews, Team Reviews
- Staging and Production Releases
- Database Management, High Throughput Data Processing
- Perform other duties as required to help the Genomenon team achieve its objectives
Required Skills and Background:
- Software Languages / Frameworks / Libraries: Ruby and Python (or similar object-oriented languages), Ruby on Rails (or similar MVC frameworks)
- Databases and Queues: Postgres (or other SQL), queue and messaging systems, text indexing and search software
- OS: Linux and OS X (Bash and command-line things)
- Version Control: Git (or Mercurial or similar distributed VCS)
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, able to work independently
- Self motivator with strong work ethic with a "can-do" positive attitude
- Desire to be a part of the fast-paced, high-energy entrepreneurial experience
Competitive base salary, health insurance, PTO and holidays, a great work environment, and equity participation opportunities
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume with salary requirements to careers @ genomenon.com