About the Webinar
Drug targets with human genetic evidence of disease association are twice as likely to lead to approval (King et al. 2019). But navigating the millions of genetic data points to comprehensively identify genomic drivers of a target indication or drug pathway is daunting.
Understanding the molecular drivers of disease accelerates drug development at each stage of the process. It…
- Informs downstream research and discovery,
- Guides biomarker selection for clinical trial segregation criteria, and
- Provides documented evidence for CDx validation.
There is a proven process to assemble essential genomic insight into Neurodegenerative and other rare and inherited diseases to drive better target selection and biomarker identification.
In this webinar, Dr. Mark Kiel will use real-world examples to demonstrate how a Comprehensive Genomic Landscape for a disease, pathway or gene set has empowered Pharmaceutical researchers and translational teams to understand genetic and rare diseases at the molecular level.
You will learn:
- How a Comprehensive Genomic Landscape delivered a 6-fold increase in identifying pathogenic drivers in just one Parkinson’s gene.
- How Genomic Landscapes have been used to segregate clinical trials using a comprehensive list of genes and pathogenic variants as genomic biomarkers.
- How to accelerate the cumbersome process of identifying genomic biomarkers for Companion Diagnostic (CDx) development, backed up with clinical evidence from the scientific literature.
Neurodegenerative diseases discussed include:
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Alzheimer’s Disease
- Lou Gehrig’s Disease (ALS)
- Wilson’s Disease
- Batten’s Disease
- Lewy Body Disease